James M. Alexander
December 25, 1965
- Washington County Sheriff’s Office
- Age: Not available
- Tour of Duty: Not available
- Badge Number: Not available
- Cause of Death: Gunfire
- Date of Incident: Saturday, December 25, 1965
- Weapon Used: Handgun – .22 cal
- Suspect Info: Convicted of manslaughter
Deputy Alexander was shot and killed while attempting to write a citation to a bar owner for operating during prohibited hours. Deputy Alexander had cited the man in the past. As he entered the bar he was ambushed by the bar owner who was standing behind the counter. The suspect was convicted of manslaughter and released from prison after serving only several years.
Deputy Alexander was survived by his wife and son.
This entry was posted in Honor Roll
. Bookmark the permalink